- How do you control speed and torque of a DC motor?
- Which motor has high starting current?
- Which DC motor is used for machine tools?
- Which of the following Motors has a high starting torque?
- Which DC motor has maximum self loading property?
- How can the speed of a DC motor be controlled?
- How do you measure the speed of a DC motor?
- What will happen when DC motor is connected to AC supply?
- Which applications require high starting torque?
- Which starting method is best method in induction motor?
- Where is dc series motor used?
- Which DC motor is used for conveyor?
- What type of DC motor has the highest starting torque?
- Which motor is used for high starting torque and high speed?
- Which motor is constant speed?
- What is the speed of dc motor?
- Why is high starting torque required?
- Why is the DC motor preferred over AC motor?
How do you control speed and torque of a DC motor?
Torque ControlTorque can be controlled directly by controlling the armature current.
10.8a, a phase-controlled rectifier, in combination with a dc-link filter inductor, can be used to create a variable dc-link current which can be applied directly to the armature terminals of the dc motor.In Fig.Jul 6, 2009.
Which motor has high starting current?
Induction MotorStarting Current in Induction Motor: Starting current of induction motor is as high as 5 to 7 times the normal full load current.
Which DC motor is used for machine tools?
DC shunt motor1. For machine tools, which DC motor can be used? Explanation: Shunt characteristics is the speciality of DC shunt motor. The speed of the motor almost remains constant on various loads, thus it suits perfectly to the application, where speed requirement is constant like in machine tools.
Which of the following Motors has a high starting torque?
24. The capacitor-start motor has a high starting torque.
Which DC motor has maximum self loading property?
Which DC motor has got maximum self-loading property? Explanation: A differentially compound DC motor, flux reduces so sharply at small increase in load at higher values of load. It is advisable that motor should not be used beyond some load value, as it may damage itself by self-loading. 5.
How can the speed of a DC motor be controlled?
Thus, the speed of a DC motor can be controlled in three ways: By varying the supply voltage. By varying the flux, and by varying the current through the field winding. By varying the armature voltage, and by varying the armature resistance.
How do you measure the speed of a DC motor?
Z = total no. conductors in armature. Hence, speed of a DC motor is directly proportional to emf of rotation (E) and inversely proportional to flux per pole (φ).
What will happen when DC motor is connected to AC supply?
1. What will happen if DC shunt motor is connected across AC supply? Explanation: In case of parallel field connection, it won’t rotate at all and will start humming and will create vibrations, as a torque produced by positive and negative cycle will cancel out each other. DC motor will be heated up and it may burn.
Which applications require high starting torque?
Which of the following application requires high starting torque?A. Lathe machine.Centrifugal pump.Locomotive.Air blower.
Which starting method is best method in induction motor?
The direct on line starter method, of an induction motor is simple and economical. In this method, the starter is connected directly to supply voltage. By this method small motors up to 5 kW rating is started to avoid the supply voltage fluctuation.
Where is dc series motor used?
A series motor has very high starting torque and is commonly used for starting high inertia loads, such as trains, elevators or hoists. This speed/torque characteristic is useful in applications such as dragline excavators, where the digging tool moves rapidly when unloaded but slowly when carrying a heavy load.
Which DC motor is used for conveyor?
ElectroCraft’s brush or brushless DC motors and gearmotors provide the power, durability and compact size that is required for distributed control of motorized conveyor sections and diverter systems.
What type of DC motor has the highest starting torque?
As the armature current flows through the field winding, the flux produced in the motor is very high. The torque of the DC series motor is proportional to the square of the armature current. That is why DC series motor has high starting torque. The DC series motor produces the highest torque among all kinds of motors.
Which motor is used for high starting torque and high speed?
Universal motorsUniversal motors have high starting torque, can run at high speed, and are lightweight and compact. They are commonly used in portable power tools and equipment, as well as many household appliances. They’re also relatively easy to control, electromechanically using tapped coils, or electronically.
Which motor is constant speed?
DC shunt motorHence, a DC shunt motor is able to self-regulate its speed, and can be referred to as a constant speed motor.
What is the speed of dc motor?
DC controls adjust speed by varying the voltage sent to the motor (this differs from AC motor controls which adjust the line frequency to the motor). Typical no load or synchronous speeds for an AC fractional horsepower motor are 1800 or 3600 rpm, and 1000-5000 rpm for DC fractional hp motors.
Why is high starting torque required?
It means your motor / rotational machine has high moment of inertia. Larger moments requiring more torque to rotate. For rotating machines (like electric motors, ic engines) if the moment of inertia is high, since the torque is rotational moment, starting torque will be higher.
Why is the DC motor preferred over AC motor?
DC motors have the advantage of: higher starting torque, quick starting and stopping, reversing, variable speeds with voltage input and they are easier and cheaper to control than AC. AC motor advantages include: lower power demand on start and minimal maintenance.